Dunkin Donut

Close-up of a box of 6 donuts from Dunkin Donut

I passed by a Dunkin Donut store and saw their Oishii Mochi poster. They looked like Mister Donut's Pon de Ring. Of course I had to stop to try them, so I got half a dozen ($13.50 for 6 with 2 bottle drinks).

Verdict, they definitely had some chewiness to them, from the glutinous rice flour (I am guessing since they are marketed as mochi). But compared to the Mister Donut's Pon de Ring, they fall short. Not as chewy nor as crispy. Besides the mochi donuts, I also got the usual ring donuts and filled donuts. They were okay. Nothing shout home about. I think for regular ring donuts, I still prefer J.Co. Not sure if they still have that here in Singapore.

Overall, I give the donuts 3 Aunty Karens. Although the service was good (the cashier was friendly and helpful in suggesting flavours), the donuts were so-so. I don't think I will be getting more donuts from them. If I am offered free, I will eat them.


3 out of 5 stars on the Aunty Karen scale

Comments