Feng Xiang Bak Kut Teh @ Parkway Parade

Saw this standee the other day at the entrance of Parkway Parade Food Republic for 15% off for the newly opened Feng Xiang Bak Kut Teh outlet. They have fried porridge as well, so we (the younger sis and I) decided to come here for lunch. In fact, we came back a second time so the photos are for 2 different visits.

Standee of Feng Xiang Bak Kut Teh outlet @ Parkway Parade Signboard of Feng Xiang Bak Kut Teh @ Parkway Parade

On our first visit, we ordered the Sliced Pork Fried Porridge ($7.90) and Dry Bak Kut Teh ($9.90). On the second visit, we got the Mixed Pork Organ Fried Porridge ($7.90) and Herbal Bak Kut Teh ($8.90).

Aerial view of Sliced Pork Fried Porridge and Dry Bak Kut Teh

Aerial view of Mixed Pork Organ Fried Porridge and Herbal Bak Kut Teh

This is the first time I'm trying fried porridge. The two sisters swear that the umami from the wok hey makes it a must-try. They were correct, naturally. The fried lard added a nice lardy taste and the crunchiness gives the porridge extra texture. This will be one of my go-to when I am craving porridge.

As for the BKT, this is also my first time trying dry BKT. It was nice, but I do find it a tad salty. I much prefer the soup one, which was flavourful. I also like the herbal version of BKT rather than the white peppery one that is more common here. This hits all the marks.

I give this 3.5 Aunty Karens. It was a good and tasty meal. However, and this may not be their fault, their tables at the foodcourt are always kind of dirty, and their bowls/cutlery are also not pristine clean. That is a big no-no for me. I know this is foodcourt, but still... I would return, especially for their fried porridge. If they (or the foodcourt) improve the cleanliness, I would give a higher rating.


3.5 out of 5 stars on the Aunty Karen scale

Comments