Happy Birthday to me!

Close-up of Sriracha Chicken Burger from Wildfire Burgers at NAFA campus in Bugis Close-up of shoestring fries from Wildfire Burgers at NAFA campus with a bottle of Alska Peach Lychee Cider and glass in background

Aunty Karen is 50 today!

To celebrate, I went to Wildfire Burgers for lunch. By myself. I don't know, as I age I just don't really feel like celebrating my birthday with people, not that I was into it in the past. Being away from home for the past 7 years and having to work on the day itself anyway, it is hard to feel celebratory.

Well, this year, since I'm in semi-retirement (that's what I'm calling it), I had the time to do what I liked so I decided to go try out this burger joint around the Bugis area. Both sisters have already tried and recommended it.

I went before the lunchtime crowd, probably coming from the nearby NAFA campus. I had the Sriracha Chicken Burger ($15) with a side of Shoestring Fries ($7), and Alska Peach Lychee Cider ($11). The burger was not so spicy despite the Sriracha mayo. I loved the pickled carrots and radish as it gives the burger a good acidic punch and counters the rich creaminess of the Sriracha mayo.

Close-up of burnt cheesecake Wildfire Burgers at NAFA campus in Bugis

To finish the meal, I had a slice of the Burnt Cheesecake ($8). I have wanted to try burnt cheesecake since finding out there was such a thing. Feels like a marketing ploy to sell cheesecake that you've accidentally burnt... haha. Anyway. it tasted like your normal New York cheesecake.

Overall, it was a good meal. Could be due to the cider since I don't normally drink alcohol at midday 😁. The burger was juicy and flavourful. The sisters told me after that I should have gotten the tater tots as sides instead. I guess another reason to come back for round two. This gets 4 Aunty Karens.

4 out of 5 stars on the Aunty Karen scale

Comments