YouTube Dermatologists

So recently I have a lot of skincare/beauty influencers in my IG TL giving all kinds of advice on skincare products and routines. And they also started appearing in my YouTube suggested videos. I don't remember why I clicked on one of the videos. Could be they had my trigger words in the title - blackheads, dark spots, pores, dark circles.

Anyway, I watched one of the videos, got hooked, and basically spent the weekend binge-watching all relevant videos from the channel. The influencers in the videos are two dermatologists so they provided more information on the ingredients in the products, what issues they target and what kind of skin conditions they are good for. I like that. If I am going to get recommendations on what products to use, how to sequence my routine, why not get that from trained professionals, right?

I even started watching videos from another channel, also by a dermatologist. This one a female, which I think is helpful as the other 2 in the previous channel are male. She covers issues that are pertinent to women such as what pregnancy does to your skin, layering make-up with skincare products, etc.

They have helped me to understand how to look at ingredient lists in skincare products and how to mix and match products and ensure that the active ingredients don't clash. And they have scared me into daily usage of sunscreen, especially important for their anti-ageing properties now that I am in my 50s.

One more source I want to share is INCI Decoder. This website allows you to key in your product and it will provide a list of ingredients and what each ingredient does. Very helpful when trying to compare two products.

Comments