Char Kway Teow @ Katong Jago Carrot Cake

Plate of Char Kway Teow from Katong Jago Carrot Cake with background of road junction Close-up of Char Kway Teow from Katong Jago Carrot Cake

Another day of letting Google Maps help me to feed my craving, this time for Char Kway Teow. Apparently, the nearest place selling it is Katong Jago Carrot Cake. The kopitiam is famous for the western food stall which serves up a beef wellington (which I will review one day when I have the time). The kopitiam was filling out as it was nearing lunchtime so I could only get a seat that is near the roadside.

I finished the plate of Char Kway Teow ($4.50), to the last noodle strand. I guess I was really craving CKT. This one had a generous amount of cockles and Chinese sausage. You can taste the wok-hei. I used to like the soupy CKT that is sold at the hawker centre near here, but the standard there has dropped (and too soupy and the noodles overcooked) and I think my preference has changed. I prefer this kind now. I give this CKT 4 Aunty Karens


4 out of 5 stars on the Aunty Karen scale

Comments