The Ordinary

I'm glad to see that The Ordinary is now available in our local Sephora. I started using some of their products when they were only available online in the US Sephora. I like their simple packaging with clear information of their active ingredients. And of course they are really cheap, compared with the more expensive atas brands with the same active ingredients.

The first product I got was the AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution. It was my first introduction to the world of acids, AHAs and BHAs. To be honest, initially, it felt gimmicky putting it on and having your face looking bloody red. But after finding out more about the brand and their products, I decided to get more products to try. I added the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1, Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA, and Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution.

The AHA + BHA was initially hard to use. It stung my skin and I could barely last 10 minutes. But it gets better with repeated use as your skin gets acclimatised to it. The niacinamide and alpha arbutin were much milder and thus easier to use. I use the niacinamide in the morning and the alpha arbutin at night. The glycolic was the hardest to use for me. It was too harsh for my dry skin, making it dehydrated and my skin started peeling.

Other products I added after this first haul included the Squalane Cleanser, Lactic Acid 10% + HA, 100% Plant-Derived Squalane, Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density, and Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG. I use the cleanser as a make-up remover at the end of the day to remove my tinted sunscreen. It was strange to use initially as it doesn't produce any suds which I am used to. But I soon got used to it. I love the latic acid. I use it with the squalane at night so as not to dry out my skin. I find that my skin looks really hydrated and clear overnight after using that combination. But I make sure to not overuse it or my skin will start peeling. The multi-peptide is also a good buy. While I can't say for certain that it has helped stop the hair fall and improve growth, I can't say it hasn't helped either. So, as my hair guru said, put better than don't put. Finally, the caffeine solution for the dark eye circle. It's a new buy and I have not used it long enough to see any effects yet.

Comments