Birds of Paradise Gelato Boutique @ Katong

I've heard so much about Birds of Paradise Gelato Boutique from both sis, so I have been wanting to try this for some time. Apparently, in its heydays, there were long queues outside. Today, there was no queue. It is a weekday afternoon so I am not surprised. I guess the hype has calmed down.

The shop was quite small, hence the need for a queue outside the shop and people licking their gelato along the streets. They didn't have a very extensive selection, just one fridge counter. I wasn't sure what to get so I asked for their most popular choices. In the end, I got the Lychee Raspberry single scoop on a cone.

I don't really understand the hype. I have tried better, not just in the land of gelato (Italy), but here in Katong. It tasted less like a gelato and more like a sorbet, not quite creamy and sticky. I don't get the taste of the lychee or raspberry either. I guess it's not really their signature? I give this 3 Aunty Karens. There are other choices around, so no need to waste time queueing here.


3 out of 5 stars on the Aunty Karen scale

Comments