Rainbow Sunday - Seeds Cafe

Today, we journeyed to the west to Skyville @ Dawson to go to the rooftop terrace on the 47th storey. The sky was filled with dark clouds when we were setting off and there was a light drizzle. Thankfully it stopped and we got to see this gorgeous rainbow.

Rainbow across the sky near Clarke Quay

The view at Skyville was quite spectacular. I thought I saw Malaysia. I can't get over that this is a housing development flat and not a condo. The video below shows the view from the 47th storey.

For lunch, we went to the Seeds Cafe which is within Rainbow Centre at Margaret Drive School. It serves as a vocational training ground for persons with disabilities so that they can transition to open employment.

We got the 2Six Breakfast ($16.90) and Eggs Benedict ($14.90). For drinks, I got the Flat White ($5.90) and the sis got the Iced Cafe Latte ($6.90)

2Six Breakfast and Eggs Benedict from Seeds Cafe Flat White and Iced Cafe Latte from Seeds Cafe

The poached eggs in the eggs benedict were a touch undercooked so the yolk and white were runny. The sausages were a bit overcooked and salty. Otherwise, they were typical brunch fair. My coffee was okay. The sis's Iced Latte was a bit grainy probably with some coffee grine.

Overall, I give this place 3 Aunty Karens. The place was quiet and relaxing. The service was good. The food could be better, but it's still okay. I might return if I'm in the area, to support the cause.


3 out of 5 stars on the Aunty Karen scale

Comments