Espresso Martini and other boozy drinks @ Awfully Chocolate

No yoga session tonight so the sisters (both the younger and the one with the kids), the niece, and I went to Awfully Chocolate Bakery & Cafe @ Katong for our New Year's Eve celebration. I know, I know. It's the eve of New Year's Eve, but that's the day we are all free. We chose Awfully Chocolate because I found out that they have an espresso martini on their menu and wanted to go try it.

The place was crowded but we had reservations. In the end, as we were only having drinks, we didn't need a reservation. We were ushered to our seats promptly. The niece and I went around the counter in the centre to look at their dessert offerings. In the end, we ordered all 3 items in the spiked drink section - Baileys & Chocolate ($12), Chocolate Espresso Martini ($18), 70% Dark Martini ($15) - and Fresh Lemon & Rosemary ($8) for the niece.

For dessert, we got the White Chocolate Creme Brûlée ($9.25) and Nutella Tart Slice with Single Scoop Ice-Cream ($8.32 + $4.58). For the creme brûlée, the server came out and torched it in front of us.

Close up of 4 drinks from Awfully Chocolate @ Joo Chiat Arial view of table of drinks and desserts from Awfully Chocolate @ Katong

Overall I give this 4 Aunty Karens. The servers were prompt and chirpy. We had a good time, enjoying the booze and the desserts. The cafe was crowded, but we didn't feel like we were rushed to quickly finish and leave even though we were not ordering their mains. The drinks were delicious with just the right amount of alcohol. The desserts were just as good as I remembered from my previous visits. I hope we come back again soon.


4 out of 5 stars on the Aunty Karen scale

Comments