IKEA Tampines

Went to IKEA Tampines today with the sis (the one with the kids). We were supposed to meet there at opening time at 11 am. I was there 10 minutes earlier. The one who stays nearer is late, still "OTW" at 11 am. We have this running joke that OTW is not really on the way but I am still at home but will be leaving in 5 minutes.

I came to get some containers for organizing my stuff in the drawers. A lot stuff in my room are from Ikea. They are cheap and they work. Well, some not so well as they don't last as long, so I wouldn't really buyt those furniture. Otherwise, Ikea is a go-to for furniture stuff and FOOD!

Besides wanting to get the organizing stuff, I also wanted to try their new lobster spaghetti dish. It looked so worth it in their adverts. So, with the sis's 2 kids joining us for lunch, we ordered 2 plates of Half Lobster and Organic Spaghetti with Chilli Crab Sauce ($15 each), Salmon Fillet and Mashed Potato with Hollandaise Sauce ($10), Swedish Meatballs (12 pieces $8.90), and Chicken Wings (6 pieces $8.90).

Arial view of plates of food from Ikea Restaurant

The Lobster spaghetti was a disappointment. It was cold as they are left sitting on plates on the counter. The spaghetti had some sauce on it which was meant to be Chilli Crab Sauce, but it tasted like Thai sweet chilli sauce straight out of the bottle. The vegetables, carrots, brocoli, and cauliflower, were soggy. I know its probably from a pack of frozen veg, but it could have been cooked better. I know since I have used these mixed veg packs in my own cooking. What I am saying is I could have made it better. Anyway, the dish was terrible. The meatballs were okay, same as what we have eaten before. The wings were the best part of lunch. Still as tasty as before.

After lunch, we walked around the showroom. The sis will be moving, so she is looking at ideas for renovation. While walking through some areas, I was joking that I should just bring my laptop and sit down She also picking up some frames for the niece's artwork while I picked up my organizing stuff.

Overall, I give the lunch 3 Aunty Karens. The lobster was a fail and pulled the numbers down. The wings saved the day.


3 out of 5 stars on the Aunty Karen scale

Comments