Sanook Kitchen @ Bedok Mall

Today, I met the younger sis for lunch after yoga class. She had taken leave for the day, so she met me at Bedok Mall after my class. I had initially wanted to look for a place to get lou-hei, but the sis found a good lunch deal at Sanook Kitchen @ Bedok Mall. It's their Thai-tastic Meal, $38.90 for 2, which includes clear tom yum chicken soup, stir-fried kai lan with mushroom, deep-fried sea bass with Thai chilli sauce, and 2 plates of Thai fragrant steam rice. We also got a Thai green milk tea each.

Thai-tastic Meal from Sanook Kitchen @ Bedok Mall

The tom yum soup broth was average. Spicy as it should be, but not sour enough. The chicken chunks were too big. The kai lan was good just right, not overcooked so there is still crunch in them. The sea bass was the highlight of the meal. To be honest, I was worried about eating a whole sea bass. My past experience with them is they are full of bones. This one was fine. The sauce was spicy and tangy. We demolished the entire fish. It was that good.

I would rate this 3.5-4 Aunty Karens. The tom yum, which should be the star of any Thai meal, was a letdown. However, the fish was really great. The service was prompt and friendly. For that, I will bump them up to 4 Aunty Karens. I might return with family/friends. Since there are other branches at other malls, I might try those.


4 out of 5 stars on the Aunty Karen scale

Comments