Project Açaí

Today, I finally made it to Project Açaí. The last time I came by, they were renovating and had no dine-in option so I left. Their renovations have ended and it's business as usual. The place looks minimalist and very spacious and airy. Very different from the other açaí places around here, with a sheltered outdoor sitting area.

Interior of Project Açaí @ Katong Interior of Project Açaí @ Katong

I got the Original Flower Bowl (blended açaí base, cacao crunch granola, banana, fruits, superfoods, $9.90 for medium)

Original Flower Bowl from Project Açaí @ Katong

The bowl was beautiful and laden with fruit at the top. The granola was crunchy and tasty. I wish there was more açaí. As with the cup at Açaí Affair, the serving of fruit at the top makes it difficult to get to the açaí unless you have finished the fruit first.

The service here far surpassed that at Açaí Affair. The staff at the counter was friendly and helpful. They called out to me when my bowl was ready and thanked me when I went to dispose of the bowl and return the mini tray. At Açaí Affair, they just left my cup at the counter and did not bother to check that I had come to pick it up. Needless to say, they also didn't even notice I was in the store or when I went to dispose of my cup and left. 

There were two regulars in the Project Açaí store when I was there. Or at least I assumed they were regulars as the staff were chatting with them. To me, this is a good sign. Perhaps I might be a regular here?

Overall, I give this 4.5 Aunty Karens. The bowl itself was tasty. The service was great. The atmosphere of the place was good, very spacious and inviting. They even sell frozen pure açaí and sorbet. I think I have found my place for my açaí supply. I will be back.


4.5 out of 5 stars on the Aunty Karen scale

Reviews of other açaí places:
An Açaí Affair @ Katong
Açaí Match Up
HAAKON Superfoods and Juice @ Kinex
An Açai Affair Again

Comments