Doongji Restaurant

Two rows of Korean banchan on a table at Doongji Restaurant

I've past this restaurant - Doongji Restaurant - a few times. Since the Korean hole-in-wall place near the Macs which I usually go to when craving Korean food has closed for good, I thought of giving this place a try to see if this could be a replacement. The younger sis was my lunch companion again. The sis wanted the Tteokbokki ($15.50) while I was keen to get the Spicy Cold Noodles ($15.50).

Close-up of a bowl of Tteokbokki from Doongji Restaurant Close-up of a bowl of Spicy Cold Noodles from Doongji Restaurant

Then, for some crazy reason (maybe because we were really hungry?), we also ordered the Pork BBQ ($17.50). Together with the free-flow banchan, it was probably too much food for the two of us. In the end, we had to da-bao the leftovers.

Hot-plate of pork bbq Doongji Restaurant

I am happy with their banchan - good variety and tasty, not stingy with it. The tteokbokki was spicy and had lots of cabbage and fishcake, besides the rice cakes. The cold noodles were refreshing, but also spicy. The BBQ pork was also spicy. I don't think we thought it through when we were ordering. Overall, this was a really spicy meal. I give it 4 Aunty Karens. The service was prompt and attentive. I will probably return to try their weekday lunch deals.


4 out of 5 stars on the Aunty Karen scale

Related review: Doongji Restaurant again

Comments