A Noodle Story

close-up of a bowl of Singapore Style Ramen showing a half hot spring egg, braised pork belly char siew, and a ngoh hiang

The sis (older one) was taking the niece to the TCM (traditional Chinese medicine) clinic in the CBD area. I tagged along so that we could check out A Noodle Story together. It is a local ramen stall that has been awarded the Michelin Bib Gourmand since 2016.

We each got the Singapore Style Ramen Regular Set ($16) which included wonton noodles, shrimp wontons in soup, braised pork belly char siew, ngoh hiang, and half hot spring egg, plus a drink, which we chose Yuzu Soda.

It was tasty, like an atas version of our local wonton noodle with a Japanese twist. I can understand the Michelin Bib Gourmand - it tasted really good. I am ambivalent about the price. Happy that they have elevated our humble wonton noodles to be charging it at Japanese ramen prices; I want our local fare to be elevated enough for our hawkers to charge as much as those selling Japanese/Korean fare. But the aunty in me feels like that's a lot of moolah for wonton noodles. Anyway, I give this 4 Aunty Karens. May return if I'm in the area and want to splurge on wonton noodles.


4 out of 5 stars on the Aunty Karen scale

Comments