Crystal Jade @ i12 Katong

A poster of Crystal Jade's $2 promotion showing bowls of lamian and a bambooo steamer of Xiao Long Bao

Found out about this great deal from Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao, so decided to go for lunch at the i12 Katong branch after my yoga class. I ordered the La Mian with Szechuan Hot & Sour Soup ($10.90) and got the Steamed Shanghai Xiao Long Bao at $2 as part of the deal.

A bowl of La Mian with Szechuan Hot & Sour Soup from Crystal Jade A bamboo steamer basket with Steamed Shanghai Xiao Long Bao from Crystal Jade

The food was okay. I wish they had some vinegar and pepper on the table so that we could use to season our food if we need it. The skin of the Xiao Long Bao was a little undercooked. It could do with another minute or so of steaming. Service-wise, there are some hiccups. The wait staff was slow to sit me, choosing to continue with their conversation even though they saw me walking in. The waiter who brought my dishes seemed new and unsure of what he was doing. He wanted to serve me something which I had not ordered, then was about to serve me the XLB, but thought that it was the wrong table and walked away only to return with the same XLB to place on my table. Not a very big deal but I can imagine if the place is full, it could be problematic. I give this 3 Aunty Karens. There's room for improvement and if there are other promos in future, I will return.


3 out of 5 stars on the Aunty Karen scale

Comments