Seng Kee Black Chicken Herbal Soup

Went to Kembangan Plaza today for my follow-up appointment with my podiatrist. It's to check that my new insoles were working as they were supposed to since I got them six weeks ago. They were. After the appointment, I went for lunch at nearby Seng Kee Black Chicken Herbal Soup. They were well-known for their Crispy Pan Fried Bee Hoon and Mee Sua Soup with Pork Liver and Kidney. I ordered a small portion of the Mee Sua Soup ($5.80).

Close-up of a bowl of Mee Sua Soup with Pork Liver and Kidney

The place was still empty when I got there but it quickly filled up. Most diners have also ordered the mee sua soup. The herbs in the soup were strong. It tasted rich and not diluted. I ate up all the liver and kidney (which is a lot) included in the soup although I am not a liver/kidney-eating person. In general, I don't like offals but the organs here did not have a strong gamy smell/taste. The mee sua was cooked well, not soggy or clumped together. The video below gives you an idea how full of ingredients this bowl of goodness is.


I give this 4 Aunty Karens. The service is minimal to non-existent, but it is to be expected at a place like this. There was an uncle who came around taking drinks orders. He was cheerful and upbeat, which is a welcome change from the sullen service you normally get from the wait staff at most other places. The mee sua soup was good, and deserving of its popularity. I wish there's some veggies so I can get my fibre intake, but I guess I could have ordered a veggie dish. Anyway, I would return for more, hopefully with more peopele so I can order that crispy pan-fried bee hoon.


4 out of 5 stars on the Aunty Karen scale

Comments