Katong Yong Tau Foo @ Katong Shopping Centre

Today after yoga class, I ventured to Katong Yong Tau Foo @ Katong Shopping Centre to try their YTF. It is the only stall nearby, not counting the one at Parkway Parade. The stall is right next to Katong Mei Wei Boneless Chicken Rice, in the same foodcourt as Ipoh Tuck Kee Soon, across the shopping centre from the new Golden Cafe Food Court which I had visited not so long ago.

I picked 7 items and added bee hoon noodles. I went with the soup version as I did not like my noodles to be drenched in the YTF sauce and chilli sauce. Also, for some reasons, I think the soup version would be healthier than the dry one. I think it's the sauces. Each piece, regardless of what it was, was 80 cents with a minimum order of 7 items.

Close-up of a bowl of Yong Tau Foo from Katong Yong Tau Foo @ Katong Shopping Centre

I was pleasantly surprised when they asked if I wanted to put the fried items in a separate bowl. They came crispy and not soggy as they were not sitting in the soup. I think they also tasted like they were freshly fried, maybe refried, like they do with ngoh hiang.

There were soya beans in the soup, which I think is a pretty common way to add flavour to the soup. Service was efficient and the food came fast. I saw that they also have laksa soup for an additional 80 cents.

I give this 4 Aunty Karens. I will return when I want to have a good clean healthy meal or feel righteous about having such a meal 😂.


4 out of 5 stars on the Aunty Karen scale

Comments