HAAKON Superfoods and Juice @ Kinex

Went to HAAKON Superfoods and Juice at Kinex after yoga class today. A bit further than usual, but it's a place I've wanted to try in my quest for a good açaí bowl at affordable prices, with acceptable service. I have already sampled a few in the Katong area and reviewed in my Açaí Match Up, and all of them are lacking one thing or another.

I got the Classical Açaí Bowl ($8.90 for regular) which included seasonal fruits, granola, chia seed parfait, blueberries and coconut flakes.

Classical Acai Bowl from HAAKON Superfoods and Juice @ Kinex

The bowl was a little small, kind of disappointing. There was not a lot of açaí and towards the end, it was starting to melt. Despite the shallow bowl, they were generous with the toppings. The fruit were fresh (bananas, strawberries, kiwi, blueberry) and the granola was cruchy. The bowl was satisfying. I guess I am used to eating açaí for my OMAD now.

Overall, I give this 4 Aunty Karens. The serving size could be bigger, but it is comparable to the other places. The service here sets it apart from the others. It's not like it was spectacular, but adequate is already miles above the others at this point. And it was more than adequate. The staff was friendly and helpful. I will be back and might try their other bowls like poke, salad, and grain.


4 out of 5 stars on the Aunty Karen scale

Comments