Equate Coffee @ Orchard Central

On this 4th day of Chinese New Year, the sis and I went to FuFu Pot @ Plaza Singapura.

After lunch, we went to the Pop Mart store. It was not that big but they have quite a few large pieces and also some new Molly pieces. I was very tempted to buy one of the new Mollys, but I didn't want to make collecting Molly figures a thing. So, with much restraint, I left the store without buying anything. If I return, I'm not sure if I would be able to resist the temptation.

After that, we went to Orchard Central to check out a new cafe, Equate Coffee. They had an interesting deco item as the centre showpiece in the cafe - upside-down trees.

Upside-down tree at Equate Coffee @ Orchard Central

We had to stand in line for a while as they were quite crowded. They made us order and pay at the counter before we were seated. We had wanted to try their Ondeh Croissant (a squarish block of gula melaka croissant pastry with gula melaka coconut crème) but it was sold out when we got there. So we got the Vanilla Custard Raisin ($6.80) instead. For coffee, I got the White Coffee ($5.50) while the sis got Iced White ($6.50)

Vanilla Custard Raisin from Equate Coffee @ Orchard Central White Coffee from Equate Coffee @ Orchard Central

I thought that the Madagascar vanilla cream was only on the top of the croissant, but it's actually inside as well, creating a creamy and heavenly delight which pairs well with our coffee. We decided that we would have to return to try the Ondeh Croissant. Overall, I give this 4 Aunty Karens. The food was good. The service is overall good, but can be a bit frantic, possibly due to opening jitters.


4 out of 5 stars on the Aunty Karen scale

Comments