Let's talk about Sunscreen

Today, I want to share with you my collection of sunscreen/sunblock. I know it is a lot. I guess I am kiasu.

A collection of different sunscreen and sunblocks

In my younger days, I did a lot of outdoor activities without sunscreen. I liked the suntanned look and I didn't know any better. Even in my 20s, I wasn't that concerned about using sunscreen. It was only in my 30s that I started thinking of using sunscreen/sunblock, but only when I was going to be outdoors in the sun for prolonged period of time.

I only started having a sunscreen in my daily beauty routine in my 40s. And in the last year, I have started using sunscreen/sunblock for my exposed arms and legs as well when I go out, as advised by my Youtube Dermatologists. I hope it is not too late.

So, what is in my stash and how good are they?
(from left to right)

1) CeraVe Hydrating Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 Face Sheer Tint 50ml
- I love this sunscreen. It goes on sheer and lasts for half a day. I like that it feels creamy and hydrating which is what my dehydrated skin needs.

2) Beauty of Joseon Relief Sun : Rice + Probiotics (SPF50) 50ml
- I am using this as a daily sunscreen and absolutely love it 💖. I like it that it is not runny like some other Korean/Japanese brands.

3) Biore UV Aqua Rich Smooth Watery Gel (SPF50) 90ml
- This is from the younger sis. I have not used it yet.

4) ALLIE Beauty GEL UV EX (SPF50) 90g
- This is my second tube. I use this daily when I go to the beach for my runs. I feel it gives me very good coverage.

5) Nivea Extra Bright Repair & Protect SPF30 Body Lotion
- This is for my exposed arms and legs, especially when I am going out. I am down to the last few pumps and have bought a replacement bottle.

6) it Cosmetics CC+ Cream Full-Coverage Foundation with SPF 50+
- This is one of the first few tinted sunscreen that I use regularly. I like the coverage and the fact that they really cover your imperfections. However, I don't feel it is as hydrating as the other brands.

7) MEDICUBE Red Moisture Real Sun Cream Sunscreen SPF 50+ 50ml
- I got this during my shopping spree at Medicube. I don't really like this as it is runny/watery. I don't feel like it is giving me good coverage.

8) Peter Thomas Roth Max Mineral Naked Broad Spectrum SPF 45 UVA/UVB Protective Lotion
- I love this tinted sunscreen 💖. Like the CeraVe (1), it is creamy and hydrating and provides good coverage.

Comments