Pho Street @ Bedok Mall

I went to Pho Street @ Bedok Mall today after my Wheel Yoga session. I wanted to try something soupy and Google Map suggested this place. I have not had Vietnamese food for a while, so I thought why not?

I ordered the Signature Pho Beef Combination Set (beef balls, beef slices, beef shank, beef tendon, beef tripe; $13.90). The set included a Summer Roll and an Iced Lemon Tea which I switched for Iced Vietnamese Coffee for an extra 50 cents.

Signature Pho Beef Combination Set from Pho Street @ Bedok Mall

The ordering process was easy and fuss-free. There were machines at the entrance where you place your order and pay up, sort of like at MacD's. My food came pretty fast. I was pleasantly surprised.

The broth of my pho was toothsome and full of flavour, like they have been simmering for a long time to get the flavours of the beef out. The beef ingredients were cooked well. I liked the tendon and tripe more than the shank. I wish there were more mint and bean sprouts, like maybe even a plate of that like in Vietnam.

The summer roll was great. I like the nutty dipping sauce that went with it. The coffee was really strong. And super sweet. Just like in Vietnam.

Overall, I give this 3.5 Aunty Karens. There were reviews on Google about the lack of service and clearing of tables. I didn't have that problem, but I guess I went ahead of the lunchtime crowd. I think the food is good and the service is adequate. I would return if in the area for some pho.


3.5 out of 5 stars on the Aunty Karen scale

Reviews of eateries in Bedok Mall;
Sanook Kitchen @ Bedok Mall

Comments