An Açai Affair Again

I'm back here for my açaí fix after yoga. I know I haven't rated this place that highly on my previous visits (reviewed here and here), but that's mostly for their abysmal customer service or lack of. The actual açaí  bowl is actually ok,

Anyway, I got the CH-CH-CH-Chia - açaí with chia pudding, fresh fruits, granola, nuts & superfoods ($15.50 for large). For the drizzle, I got the almond butter.

CH-CH-CH-Chia cup of acai from An Açai Affair Close up of CH-CH-CH-Chia cup of acai from An Açai Affair

Okay, my complaint about the medium cup was it wasn't substantial as a meal replacement, but the large cup was a bit too much. There were multiple layers of chia, açaí, almond butter, granola, and fruit. I had thought the fruit was only at the top layer but was pleasantly surprised to find them halfway into the cup.

I came expecting lacklustre service and was just aiming for a good cup of açaí, but went away with more. The service this time was 100 times better. The staff at the counter was friendly and helpful, which made for a nice experience. The cup was filling. I took the cup home instead of eating it there and the açaí had not melted into a soupy mess.

Overall, today, I give this 4 Aunty Karens, an upgrade from my previous reviews.


4 out of 5 stars on the Aunty Karen scale

Comments