Mrs Pho @ Vivocity

This is my first time trying Mrs Pho @ Vivocity. We (the younger sis and I) had tried to go to the branch at 313 but the wait staff was rude at the entrance so I decided to leave and boycott the place. However, they have the avocado coffee on their menu and I was keen to try. So the boycott for the chain is lifted, but not for that particular branch.

We ordered the Wagyu Pho (sliced wagyu beef in secret recipe beef broth; $13.90), Mrs Pho Dry Noodle (dry vermicelli, grilled pork chop, grilled meatball, fried spring roll, chopped lettuce and herbs with homemade fish sauce: $10.90), Fresh Summer Roll (Sliced pork and prawn with special peanut sauce; $5.90), Iced Viet Coffee ($3.90), and Iced Viet Tea ($2.90). The avocado coffee was not on the menu 😩

Close up of Wagyu Pho from Mrs Pho @ Vivocity Close up of Mrs Pho Dry Noodle from Mrs Pho @ Vivocity

Close up of Fresh Summer Roll from Mrs Pho @ Vivocity

The wagyu pho was good. The thinly sliced wagyu beef was tender. The broth was flavour. It was lacking some good old mint. There was no mint, no cilantro.

I like the dry noodle. The grilled pork chop and fried spring roll were cooked well and the fish sauce was seasoned well and went well with the vermicelli.

The peanut sauce for the summer roll was thick and nutty. It was a great sauce for the roll.

Overall, I give this 3.5 Aunty Karens. I think the robot waiter was an interesting addition to the restaurant. The service was efficient. The food was typical Vietnamese fair. I think I prefer Nam Nam at Suntec City.


3.5 out of 5 stars on the Aunty Karen scale

Reviews of Vietnamese Eateries
Joo Chiat Caphe
Vietnamese Food @ Ghim Moh Road Market & Food Centre
Pho Street @ Bedok Mall

Comments