Saap Saap Thai

I have a craving for Tom Yum recently so I decided to try Saap Saap Thai after yoga class.

I ordered the Beef Deluxe Tom Yum Soup Noodles (beef slices, brisket, tendon, beef balls, $10.90).

Close up of Beef Deluxe Tom Yum Soup Noodles from Saap Saap Thai Video of beef Deluxe Tom Yum Soup Noodles from Saap Saap Thai

The beef slices were big and plentiful. The brisket and tendon were tender, although there were too many pieces of tendon. The noodles were done just right. My beef with this bowl of beef tom yum (pun intended), is the tom yum. It did not taste like tom yum, at least not tom yum from a Thai restaurant. Even the tom yum I make with soup base from the supermarket tastes more like tom yum than this. It is just spicy soup. No taste, no flavour, not just no tom yum flavour. It was such a let down considering my craving.

I can't decide whether to give this 2.5 or 3 Aunty Karens. The food is really a let down, nothing Thai or Tom Yum about it. Needless to say, I don't think I would be back here.


3 out of 5 stars on the Aunty Karen scale

Reviews of other Thai restaurants:
Khao Hom By Rung Mama @ Katong Square
Sanook Kitchen @ Bedok Mall
Soi 19 Thai Wanton Mee @ Upper Thomson

Comments